We have received a lot of questions about the media articles regarding the merger between Aspect and Vector Capital.
Hopefully this will answer most of your questions.
- Aspect has entered into a definitive merger agreement to be acquired by Vector Capital, a leading private equity firm specializing in transformational investments in established technology businesses.
- Vector Capital will invest more than $100 million of equity capital in Aspect’s business, and Aspect’s existing lenders will continue to support the company by providing Aspect with a new credit facility at closing.
- Vector Capital brings substantial operational and financial resources as well as a proven track record of helping enterprise software companies invest in new products, accelerate innovation, and build market leading businesses.
- The agreement is expected to close in the first quarter of 2019.
- The merger agreement is a significant validation of the technology and personnel of Aspect. Vector believes the company is well positioned to capitalize on the tremendous opportunity in the growing Customer Engagement Center market.
- This agreement goes beyond a debt refinancing. The relationship with Vector Capital will be extremely beneficial during our next stage of growth and will help Aspect accelerate our solution development through both organic initiatives and strategic acquisitions.
It’s important to point out that this event could not have taken place were it not for the innovative, hard-working people here at Aspect.
Below is a link to the announcement by Chris Koziol, President & GM, Interaction Management, Aspect Software